Why 2017 will be the year mobile e-commerce over-takes desktop
For a long time, the rise of mobile marketing has been the darling of tech predictions. Since Mary Meeker, an analyst at Kleiner Perkins Caufield Byers, said in 2008 that "Mobile [will] overtake fixed Internet access by 2014", the world has been waiting for that prediction to hold true. It did, at least by some sources, precisely that same year she said it would. According to a study by Comcast, in 2014 mobile usage represented 60% of the total time spent online, while desktop-based consumption made up the remaining 40%. Since the majority of your website visitors come from mobile devices, you need to adapt your digital marketing strategy to take advantage of the power of mobile marketing. In this article, I will show you 3 reasons why you need to do so and how to adapt to these changes.